.NET Framework Class Library
The .NET Framework Class Library contains thousands of classes.
- The .NET framework contains almost 13000 classes you can use when building applications.
- Each class in the framework can include properties, methods, and events.
- The .NET FCL organized in a hierarchical tree structure and it is divided into namespaces.
- The Namespace is a logical grouping of types for the purpose of identification.
- FCL provides consistent base types that are used across all .NET enabled languages.
- The classes are accessed by namespaces, which reside within assemblies.
- The system namespaces are the root of type in .NET framework.
- The .NET FCL has managed classes that provide access to system services.
- The .NET FCL is object-oriented and easy to use in program development.